It’s often said that a well-run IT infrastructure streamlines business processes, amplifies productivity, and helps a company reduce its overhead costs. After all, in the digital era, IT forms the backbone of business operations – it’s almost impossible to exist without it. However, building a robust IT infrastructure from the ground up is expensive and often outside the skills of small IT departments. Therefore, many companies employ managed IT to accomplish this for them.
Managed IT services deliver all the benefits of a well-developed, well-run IT infrastructure without the complex requirements of building it in-house. Here’s exactly what that means, and why every company should strongly consider employing managed IT.
The Components of a Managed IT Strategy
A managed IT strategy takes a close look at what a business needs technologically to thrive. Beginning with an assessment, these services analyze the way a company uses its computers, computer network, telephone system, web presence, and other tools to manage its workflow. The assessment will inform the following components of a managed IT strategy:
● Infrastructure Design and Implementation. A good managed IT service provider can either create a bespoke network infrastructure from the ground up or leverage the functionality of existing systems to enhance the technology which already exists.
● Disaster Recovery. Protecting the core functions of a business is critical – managed IT builds redundancies into every system as well as automated backups to ensure data protection.
● Security and Compliance. Every business, large and small, needs robust security to handle the reality of cybercrime – and to avoid being among the 56 percent of companies that take longer than a month to notice a breach. Likewise, many industries must follow legally required compliance regulations. A good managed IT service provider is aware of this and knows how to build secure, compliant solutions.
● Hardware. Hardware includes servers, computers, telephones, and more.
● Software. The right software drives process efficiency. A good managed IT service provider helps a company leverage a variety of software for on-premise, cloud, or hybrid environments.
How Managed IT Streamlines Operations Every Day
Thoughtfully deployed managed IT helps make everyday office tasks easier by making sure that everything stays running. A good provider does this through three primary ways:
1. On-demand support means users get the help they need quickly.
Help desk calls can easily hamstring a smaller IT department and leave IT professionals drowning in requests. In contrast, managed IT services leverage tools such as remote desktop access and help ticket portals to quickly answer and resolve any issues which may arise. The result is a faster return to normal business functions, driving productivity and revenue.
2. Routine and responsive maintenance keeps all systems optimized.
Like a car, IT infrastructure functions best with routine maintenance to keep it tuned up and optimized. A managed IT provider keeps infrastructure tuned up by providing the necessary patches, upgrades, and adjustments to keep the network in prime condition.
3. Keeping internal IT free to focus on other tasks.
Setting up a sophisticated IT infrastructure is a lot of work – so is managing it. Often, managed IT services will leverage automation to take over things like daily backups or antivirus scans. However, these things still need to be checked. Managed IT providers take over the daily tasks associated with network care to help keep internal IT staff focused on more high-value projects.
Managed IT Is Used Every Day
One question which often arises from companies new to the idea of managed services is: exactly how often are managed IT services used? Is it enough to make the investment worth it?
Businesses which rely on their IT infrastructure to conduct core business processes – such as their document management flow – use managed IT every day. Whether it is submitting a help ticket request or accessing cloud-hosted services, managed IT integrates with an office environment, works closely alongside a company to transform its processes. In fact, beyond increased functionality and better organization, many end users won’t even notice that the company’s IT network is managed. It’s that seamless.
Is it worth it? That depends. With managed IT services, the main value doesn’t lie in the products which the provider recommends so much as it does in the way an office’s processes are amplified, propelling the company to greater heights of success.
Enjoy Best-in-Class Managed IT Services From DSI
Properly functioning IT infrastructure is not optional for any business which wishes to remain competitive in the 21st century. Managed IT services, therefore, deliver a vital advantage to companies both large and small. Such services allow the introduction of the elements which a business needs, while saving time, energy and money on behalf of the business. By improving processes and streamlining operations, managed IT makes the daily activities of a business easier, more efficient, and more productive.
DSI provides bespoke network solutions for all types of businesses in New Mexico. Contact us today to take your office’s efficiency to the next level with managed IT.